Middle & Secondary – Term 3 Week 2 (2019)
Dates and Events
- Year 6-12: Parent Teacher Interviews Tuesday, 30 July
- Year 10-12: Bible Society Master Class Incursion, Thursday 1 August Read More…
- QSSAQ Girls Netball Friday, 2 August Read More…
Bible Society Masterclass (Year 10-12)
At Brisbane Christian College, we are passionate about providing the highest level of Christian teaching and guidance to our children as part of their holistic development. This year on Thursday, 1 August our School has the privilege of hosting the Bible Society event Masterclass. The event runs from 9:15am – 2:30pm.
Masterclass is a one-day event for students in Years 10-12. Throughout the day, students will hear engaging talks from three leading speakers: a foundational talk that builds confidence in the Bible, a missional talk that encourages students to live out their faith, and a topical talk that explores contemporary issues from a Biblical perspective.
Year 6 Canberra Tour 2019
At the end of Term 2, Year 6 had the privilege of going to Canberra, aided by the support of funding through the Parliament and Civics Education Rebate (PACER). After a ‘through-the-day-and-overnight’ journey, we arrived at Capital Country Holiday Park, ate breakfast, and then got straight into our tour. In an action-packed itinerary, Year 6 had the pleasure of attending many places of interest and significance, but here are a few of our highlights.
Written by Miriam Nussey and Miriam Hope
Homestay families WANTED
Our College Homestay program is expanding and we have more demand for homestay families for long term students. It is a great experience that will enrich your family life.
- Powerful opportunity to disciple and minister to a young person
- Create an environment for them to develop a relationship with Jesus
- Support students to graduate high school
- Students are aged between 11 – 17 years old
- Runs for 48 weeks of the year
- Homestay families are paid $320 per week for hosting
- A separate room is needed for your new family member.
For more information or to express your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.