Middle & Secondary – Term 1 Week 7 (2020)
Dates and Events
- Yr 11&12 Smart Relationships Parent Information Evening with Peter Janetzki. Tuesday, 10 March. 6.45pm-9.00pm.
- Yr 7 Immunisations. Wednesday, 11 March.
- Yr 11&12 Smart Relationships Student Workshop with Peter Janetzki. Wednesday, 11 March.
- CSSAQ Touch (Senior Girls, Senior Boys, Intermediate Boys). Friday, 13 March.
- CSSAQ 9 yrs-Open Swimming Carnival. Monday, 16 March.
- College Connect Meeting. Thursday, 19 March. 8.45am-9.30am. Depot.
- College Cross Country. Friday, 20 March. Middle and Secondary Oval.
- Yr 9-12 Exam Block. 23-27 March.
Depot Opening Hours
The Depot cafe is open now on the Primary campus from Monday to Friday during the school term. The opening hours are 7.30am-9.30am.
Year 12 Fundraising Committee
Last week the Year 12 Fundraising Committee were busy baking, barbecuing and selling food to raise funds for their end of year activities, including their Formal and Reflections Camp.
Over the week they raised $1506. Well done!
- Primary School Swimming Carnival Sausage Sizzle & Zooper Doopers: $585
- Primary School Bake Sale: $536
- Middle and Secondary School Bake Sale: $385
It was so wonderful to see everyone so excited to support the Year 12s. Thank you.
Yr 11&12 Smart Relationships Parent Information Evening with Peter Janetzki
College Cross Country
Our annual College Cross Country is coming up on Friday, 20 March. All students from our little Preppies to Year 12s will take part in some fun, fitness and fundraising for Run4Bibles. For every $7 raised, Bible League will provide a pack for students in South African Public Schools including a Bible and biblical resources.
After the Cross Country, we will allow two weeks for students to complete their fundraising booklets. All money must be collected by the final week of Term 1 (last day Friday, 3 April).
Sponsors can make payments through two methods:
1) Cash to the sponsored student
2) Pay directly online at https://bl.org.au/give/run4bibles/. Please include the student’s name and school in the ‘My Donation is for’ box e.g. John Smith, Brisbane Christian College.
Each year we hope to create a day of fun for the students and their families, so we invite parents and family members to attend this event to help cheer on the participants. If you would like to volunteer on the day, please contact Mr Allen-Ankins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CLICK here for more information for parents and caregivers.
CLICK here to access information about Run4Bibles.
CLICK here to access videos on Run4Bibles YouTube page.
Brisbane Christian College is delighted to once again be offering ICAS testing as an option to interested parents and students. ICAS testing offers parents the opportunity to have their child’s progress assessed on a national scale. A detailed breakdown of strong and weak areas is also provided. Distinction and High Distinction certificates are given out at Awards Evening.
These tests are an optional choice by parents. They are not compulsory, and are not a requirement of our College-based assessment. They have a cost of $15.95 per test which is the price set by UNSW, and is not covered by regular College fees. All tests are held in August 2020 during school hours.
Please see the table below for the year levels eligible to sit each type of test. Invitations for each test have been added to each eligible child’s Parent Lounge profile.
Please accept the invitation and pay the registration cost for each test you would like your child to sit.
Parent Lounge registrations are to be completed by Friday, 26 June 2020 (end of Term 2).
If you wish to do some practice questions before the tests, you can download these yourself from the website at: ICAS ASSESSMENTS/ UNSW GLOBAL.
If you have any questions regarding this opportunity, please contact
Primary: Mrs Alison Collins at email@example.com
Middle and Secondary: Mrs Trish Summers at firstname.lastname@example.org