Pre-Prep & Primary – Term 2 Week 7 (2020)
The Canteen will be back to its original location Tuesday, 2 June and the new ‘Plaza’ will also be open to students at break times. This is such a great new outdoor learning and play space for our children with extra shading and seating. We know our kids will love playing handball there. An official ‘opening ceremony’ will be organised at a further date. Our collective thanks to Mr Todd Williams for all of the behind the scenes coordination.
A couple of things to mention:
- The canteen will only be open to pre-orders (as it is presently) before school only – students will not be allowed to purchase items during break and lunch times for the time being.
- There will be signs at the Depot (current canteen location) and the office (previous canteen location) advising parents to order at the ‘new plaza’ and social distancing etiquette.
- One small section of the new plaza will continue to be fenced off as it is not yet complete/safe. Students cannot and won’t be able to enter this area.
Aspire Football Academy School of Football
Aspire Football Academy School of Football is back at Primary campus. We have a maximum of 30 spots for the 4 week block due to restrictions and Aspire’s current policy. Email Dan Barber at email@example.com with your child’s Full Name, Age & Class. Dan will contact parents directly with payment details once your place has been confirmed.
CLICK here to access more details about Aspire Football Academy.
At Life Church, our Kids Life team have been resourcing families through several areas in this season. Every Wednesday, you can check out the Parenting blog with new contributors every week from our community. The blog focuses on a range of topics from nurturing your children’s faith to simple ideas you can try with the kids such as baking recipes or dance tutorials.
The team have also been filming weekly content for our brand new YouTube channel. Each episode is packed with fun games, competitions, as well as engaging worship and Bible-based messages. You can find all of this great content through our website https://lifechurch.com.au/life-at-home/kids-life-at-home or follow us on our social platforms to connect with us and stay up to date.
2020 ICAS Update
Please note that despite the Covid-19 shutdown, ICAS will still be running in Term 3 as planned for most subjects and students.
ICAS are externally set assessments administered by UNSW Global. They occur in a range of different subjects which allow you to see your child’s progress measured against age equivalent peers in Australia and South East Asia. Invitations are open in TASS Parent Lounge and we would encourage all parents to look at these and enrol their children.
During the last week, UNSW Global has advised the College of 2 major changes to ICAS 2020 for this unprecedented year. These are as follows:
1) The Writing Assessment will no longer be available to students of all year levels and
2) No assessment (in any subject) will be offered to Year 11 and 12 students
The College will reimburse those families:
1) Who have already accepted the TASS Parent Lounge invitations and paid for the ICAS Writing Assessment or
2) Whose children are in Year 11 or 12 and they have accepted and paid for any available assessments.
These families should have already been notified.
The writing assessment has been removed from the visible invitations on TASS Parent Lounge and Year 11 and 12 students are no longer invited to participate in any of the other subject assessments.
We apologise for any confusion or disappointment caused with these changes and we thank you for your patience once again, as we navigate this interesting year together.
Trish Summers and Alison Collins (ICAS Administrators)