Middle & Secondary – Term 3 Week 1 (2019)
Dates and Events
- Premier League Basketball (Game 5). Thursday, 25 July. Read More …
- Year 12: Biology Field Trip 24-25 July
- Year 10-12: Semester 1 Reports Published Friday, 26 July
- ZTennis Lesson Monday, 29 July Read More…
- QSSAQ Girls Netball Friday, 2 August Read More…
- Volunteer Induction Meeting Tuesday, 30 July Read More…
- Year 6-12: Parent Teacher Interviews Tuesday, 30 July
- Year 10-12: Bible Society Master Class Incursion, Thursday 1 August
- College Connect Meeting *New Date* Monday, 5 August. Read More …
Introducing our New College Pastor
It is with great enthusiasm that I endorse the appointment of Saskia Hill as our College Pastor, and Kym Lam Sam as our newest College Chaplain. I am confident that Saskia and our Chaplaincy team will continue to build on the effective ministry that has been established in our College. The College Pastor is a significant role across the life of our College and Church and Saskia has proven herself as an incredible minister and leader both at Life Church and Brisbane Christian College. I ask that you join us in praying for Saskia and our Chaplaincy team as they minister to our students and families.
Pastor Geoff Blight
Life Church, Lead Pastor
Date: Friday 2nd August (Week 2 of term)
Venue: MacGregor Netball Association, Granadilla and McCullough Street, MacGregor
Time: 7:30am pickup from secondary campus, 3:15pm return time approximately Students: 40+
Check Parent Lounge Tours for permission slips and more details for these students.
Would you like to volunteer your time, skills and enthusiasm to our College? Whether you are keen to help out in the classroom, join excursions or assist with swimming, the College requires all parent volunteers (Pre-Prep, Primary, and Middle and Secondary) to attend an induction session. The session will cover a range of topics:
- general expectations as a volunteer
- privacy and confidentiality
- child protection
- workplace health and safety
- fire and evacuation.
Join us on Tuesday, 30 July from 8.45am to 9.15am in B6 at the Primary Campus. Please contact Mrs Vicky Hickling for information by emailing email@example.com.
Homestay families WANTED
Our College Homestay program is expanding and we have more demand for homestay families for long term students. It is a great experience that will enrich your family life.
- Powerful opportunity to disciple and minister to a young person
- Create an environment for them to develop a relationship with Jesus
- Support students to graduate high school
- Students are aged between 11 – 17 years old
- Runs for 48 weeks of the year
- Homestay families are paid $320 per week for hosting
- A separate room is needed for your new family member.
For more information or to express your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.