Pre-Prep & Primary – Term 1 Week 1 (2020)
Dates and Events
- Term 1 Commences. Wednesday, 29 January.
- First day Pre-Prep P. Wednesday, 29 January. Location: Pre-Prep Centre.
- Tea & Tissues. Wednesday, 29 January. Location: Life HQ & Depot.
- First day Pre-Prep S. Thursday, 30 January. Location: Pre-Prep Centre.
- Life Church Vision Sunday. Sunday, 2 February. Location: Life Centre.
- First day Pre-Prep N. Monday, 3 February. Location: Pre-Prep Centre.
- Primary Volunteer Induction Evening. Monday, 3 February. 5pm-5:30pm at Primary Campus.
- Primary School Information Evening. Monday, 3 February. 5pm-7:30pm at Life HQ.
- New Student ID Photos. Thursday, 6 February.
Further Dates & Event details can be found on the calendar which is visible on Parent Lounge, Learning Hub (under the helpful information tab), Student Cafe & Student Diaries.
Middle and Secondary College Swimming Carnival
Event: Middle and Secondary Swimming Carnival 2020
Date: Friday, 7 February
Venue: Yeronga Swimming Pool
Each child in Year 1- Year 5 will have 6 Lessons in Terms 1 and 4 to develop their water safety and foundational stroke knowledge. Students will need a College swimming bag and swimming cap (available through our College Uniform Shop). Lessons are from Week 3 to Week 5 and are intended to lead into our Primary Swimming Carnival (Yrs 3-5) in Week 6. Please wear sun smart swimwear and discuss any concerns around swimming competency with your classroom teacher.
Chess Mates is teaching at Brisbane Christian College!
Chess Mates specialises in teaching chess to children of all age groups and skill levels. The team is dedicated to teaching chess in a fun and engaging way, so that children of any age can join in regardless of experience level. They teach younger students through songs and stories, for older or more advanced students they teach openings, strategies and forward planning. Chess Mates don’t focus on winning (in fact, they teach kids how to deal with winning and losing). Instead, they focus on making new friends and having fun while learning.
Classes are held on Thursday from 3:15 to 4:00 in the STEM Lab. The cost for the classes is $12 per lesson.
If you have any questions about the classes please either e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call Ash on 0415 256 452.
Spanish Classes will be running again this year. They will be held in the STEM Lab on Tuesday afternoons.
If you have any questions about the classes please either email email@example.com or call Keily Jaramillo on 0412 384 935.