Middle & Secondary – Term 1 Week 2 (2020)
Dates and Events
- Scholars Assembly. Thursday, 6 February. 1pm-3pm at Life Centre.
- New Student ID Photos. Thursday, 6 February.
- Middle School information & Excursion Information Evening. Thursday, 6 February. 7pm-8:30pm at Life Centre.
- Middle & Secondary Swimming Carnival. Friday, 7 February.
- Middle & Secondary Volunteer Induction. Monday, 10 February. 10am-10:30am. Location: H-Block.
- Coffee with CMT & College Connect. Tuesday, 11 February. 8:30am-9:30am. Location: Depot, Primary Campus.
- Yr 7 BRIDGE BUILDERS® Conflict Resolution. 11-13 February.
- District Swimming Carnival 10-19 y.o. . Wednesday, 12 February.
- Secondary Information Evening. Thursday, 13 February. Location: Life Centre.
Further dates & event details can be found on the calendar visible on Parent Lounge, Public Calendar, Learning Hub (under the helpful information tab), Student Cafe & Student Diaries.
CLICK here to access further details about the 2020 Brisbane Christian College Calendar.
If you didn’t receive a Yearbook at the end of last year please email Marketing at email@example.com.
Middle & Secondary Sports Forum Facebook Page
This is a closed Facebook group for our Middle & Secondary Campus that will allow you to keep up to date on all sports events, ask questions and share photos/videos from our college events. Please ensure you take any personal concerns to class teachers as they will not be resolving issues on this page.
Please note, this is simply an additional form of communication, not a replacement forum for the e-News / website / notes home for details of events. This page is designed as a hub for all things sports-related including Friday sports, extra-curricular sporting activities, District events and additional training. It is a space to share our student’s incredible sporting achievements, as well as memories captured at each of these events.
CLICK here to access the Facebook Group.
College Swimming Carnival
Event: College Swimming Carnival 2020
Date: Friday, 7 February
Venue: Yeronga Swimming Pool
Brisbane Christian College Sports App
Students and parents can now download the TeamApp mobile app and join the Middle and Secondary Team Groups to stay up to date on each of our Middle and Secondary team sport news and updates.
Follow these steps:
1. Download Team App from the Apple or Google Play app store.
2. Sign up to Team App. You will be sent an email to confirm your registration.
3. Log into the App and search for “Brisbane Christian College”.
4. Choose the teams you would like to subscribe to.
5. Click on “Request to join this team’s app”.
If you don’t have a smartphone, go to www.teamapp.com to sign up and click on the following links to join the team group:
Discover the champion in you at ZTennis Clinic.
Term 1 enrolments for Tennis Lessons are now open for Primary & Middle School students.
All tennis sessions will be offered in the form of an EIGHT-WEEK Term Block, plus an opportunity for a make-up lesson due to any weather issues.
CLICK here to access the Term 1 2020 Tennis Info Leaflet.
CLICK here to access the Term 1 2020 Enrolment form – new students.
Contact John Zelinski at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0407 967 187 if you have any further questions.
Students have the opportunity to obtain practical experience throughout Years 11 and 12 and completed part of their apprenticeship or traineeship for their chosen career upon leaving school. Our Apprenticeships program is unique compared to other school-based apprenticeships and traineeships in that students alternate up to four weeks in the workplace being paid as an apprentice or trainee alongside practical training and mentorship each term.
Brisbane Christian College is looking for parents and local business owners to join our network of providers, and partner with us to provide work experience placements throughout the year. This program is geared towards businesses who can provide work experience in a 4-week block that is completed at the end of each term. We are currently seeking business in the following industries, so if you are interested in supporting the program we would love to hear from you!