Pre-Prep & Primary – Term 1 Week 8 (2020)
Dates and Events
- College Connect Meeting. Thursday, 19 March. 8.45am-9.30am. Depot.
- College Cross Country. Friday, 20 March. Middle and Secondary Oval.
- Years 4 & 5 Smart Relationships Parent Information Evening with Peter Janetzki. Tuesday , 24 March. 6.45pm-9.00pm. The Theatre at the Senior Secondary Precinct, Middle & Secondary Campus.
- Years 4 & 5 Smart Relationships Student Information session with Peter Janetzki. Thursday, 26 March.
- POSTPONED: Life Church College Celebration Sunday. Sunday, 29 March.
Novel Coronavirus Update (15 March 2020)
CLICK here to access the updates regarding the coronavirus from our College Management Team.
Staff News - Chaplain Kym Lam Sam
This week we are saying goodbye to one of our much loved Chaplains on our Middle and Secondary Campus: Chaplain Kym Lam Sam. Kym has been with us for the last ten months and has been a great blessing to our Chaplaincy team, staff and students. He is stepping into a new season of study and back into a Senior Graphic Designer role. He has been instrumental in growing and leading our Chapel worship team and we are so thankful for this investment into our students’ lives.
Although it is sad for us, it is great to see him moving into this new season that God has been preparing for him, and we know that God will bless him in his new role.
We will be advertising for a new Chaplain in the coming weeks. In the meantime, we have a strong team of College Chaplains who will continue to care for our children.
Thank you so much Chaplain Kym Lam Sam.
Pastor Saskia Hill
College Cross Country
Our annual College Cross Country is coming up on Friday, 20 March. All students from our little Preppies to Year 12s will take part in some fun, fitness and fundraising for Run4Bibles. For every $7 raised, Bible League will provide a pack for students in South African Public Schools including a Bible and biblical resources.
After the Cross Country, we will allow two weeks for students to complete their fundraising booklets. All money must be collected by the final week of Term 1 (last day Friday, 3 April).
Sponsors can make payments through two methods:
1) Cash to the sponsored student
2) Pay directly online at https://bl.org.au/give/run4bibles/. Please include the student’s name and school in the ‘My Donation is for’ box e.g. John Smith, Brisbane Christian College.
Each year we hope to create a day of fun for the students and their families, so we invite parents and family members to attend this event to help cheer on the participants. If you would like to volunteer on the day, please contact Mr Allen-Ankins at email@example.com.
CLICK here for more information for parents and caregivers.
CLICK here to access information about Run4Bibles.
CLICK here to access videos on Run4Bibles YouTube page.
Volunteering: Garden Mulching
We are looking for volunteers to assist with mulching the gardens along the new drive through road on our Middle and Secondary Campus.
If you are available to volunteer some time between 9.00am and 2.30pm during Week 9 or 10 of this term, please contact our facilities manager Mr Todd Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Book Club: Issue 2
CLICK here to access information regarding the Book Club Issue 2.