Pre-Prep & Primary – Term 1 Week 9 (2020)
Dates and Events
- Years 4 & 5 Smart Relationships Parent Information Evening with Peter Janetzki. Tuesday, 24 March. GOING ONLINE. Video will come through via email.
- Years 4 & 5 Smart Relationships Student Information session with Peter Janetzki. Thursday, 26 March.
- CANCELLED: Life Church College Celebration Sunday. Sunday, 29 March.
- CANCELLED: District Cross Country. Wednesday, 1 April.
- Primary Easter Chapel has changed to in-class presentations. Wednesday, 1 April.
- Parent Teacher Interviews (P-Yr 5). Thursday, 2 April.
- CANCELLED: Pre-Prep Easter Celebrations. Thursday, 2 April.
- Pre-Prep Holiday Program. 6-17 April.
- Good Friday Public Holiday. Friday, 10 April.
- Easter Sunday. Sunday, 12 April.
- Easter Monday Public Holiday. Monday, 13 April.
Term 2 commences Tuesday, 21 April.
We rest in the authority that Jesus Christ is the Lord and Saviour over the Brisbane Christian College community.
The College Management Team will continue to share updates regarding COVID-19 including several communications this week. We appreciate your understanding and support through this time as we navigate how to ensure the wellbeing of our children and continue to provide a Christ-centered, quality education for our young people.
All communications regarding COVID-19 from the College Management Team will continue to be available at parents.
Years 4 & 5 Smart Relationships Parent Information Evening with Peter Janetzki
Date: Tuesday, 24 March.
Please note an important change regarding tomorrow’s event. We will now distribute a pre-recorded video from Peter Janetzki to all of our Year 4 and 5 parents. He will cover the content of the program and answer your questions. You can send through your questions via the following link.
CLICK here to ask Peter a question.
NAPLAN CANCELLED 2020
Education Ministers met last week and decided that NAPLAN will not proceed in 2020. The NAPLAN test window was scheduled to be held from 12 to 22 May and has been cancelled to assist school leaders, teachers and support staff to focus on the wellbeing of students and continuity of learning. This will also mean the practice tests scheduled for this week are cancelled. Although this is not going ahead, the CMT would like to thank all our team members that have been preparing for NAPLAN.
Life at Home
We know there are many churches hosting online church services now. This month, Life Church has been talking about being “Anxious for nothing” which has been so encouraging and relevant to our society at the moment. If you are not connected to a local Church, you are invited to join “Life at Home” for an encouraging online and interactive service with an encouraging message from the comfort of your home. Visit lifechurch.com.au for more details.
Volunteering: Garden Mulching
We are looking for volunteers to assist with mulching the gardens along the new drive through road on our Middle and Secondary Campus.
If you are available to volunteer some time between 9.00am and 2.30pm during Week 9 or 10 of this term, please contact our facilities manager Mr Todd Williams at email@example.com.