Middle & Secondary – Term 4 Week 4 (2020)
The College Management Team is continuing to check all the latest information regarding the COVID-19 health responses. CLICK here to access up-to-date Queensland Health information.
Dates & Events
- Year 12 External Exams. Monday, 26 October – Tuesday, 17 November.
- Year 7 Immunisations. Tuesday, 27 October.
- Year 10 BRIDGE BUILDERS® Mediation. Wednesday, 28 October & Thursday, 29 October.
- Year 9 Science Excursion (Mr Alyuz & Mrs Mikhail classes). Friday, 30 October. Toohey Forest Educational Centre.
- Middle & Secondary Free Dress Day. Tuesday, 3 November.
- Year 9 Science Excursion (Mr Woolston class). Friday, 6 November. Toohey Forest Educational Centre.
New Community Hub: Coming Soon!
We are excited to share the introduction of our NEW COMMUNITY HUB which will provide a centralised portal for all learning, communication, news and events and change the way we connect as a community.
CLICK here for more information.
WORLD TEACHERS' DAY, Friday, 30 October 2020
Friday, 30 October 2020 marks World Teachers’ Day in Queensland – a day to celebrate our teachers’ commitment, passion, resilience and professionalism. This year we have seen extraordinary examples of dedication to the profession from all Queensland teachers. We thank our College staff for all they have done to support our children this year. They really have gone the extra mile and then some to individually keep each child engaged and thriving. Their innovation and dedication has been exemplary. You will notice that on Friday our team will mark the day by proudly wearing a ribbon. Please show your love and appreciation to our teachers for all they do in our College and for our students.
Middle & Secondary Free Dress Day
A Free Dress Day will be held next Tuesday, 3 November for Middle and Secondary children. To support our Year 12 children this year, the funds raised from this Free Dress day will go towards supporting our Year 12 Reflection Camp. This camp is now a well-established College tradition, and is the Brisbane Christian College alternative to Schoolies Week. It is the perfect culmination of the Year 12 students’ time at Brisbane Christian College.
There is no theme for this free dress day, please refer to the usual rules surrounding Free Dress Days, namely clothing must be:
– Modest with appropriate messages and designs.
– Singlets, spaghetti straps, low cut or midriff tops are not permitted.
– Shorts and skirts should be no shorter than where your fingertips reach with your hand straight down your leg.
– Shoes need to be suitable for the day’s classes, e.g. joggers (sport) or closed shoes (workshop). Thongs are not to be worn.
– A sun safe hat is still essential.
– No skate or roller shoes.
All children are asked to bring a gold coin to support our Year 12 end of year activities. Gold coin donations will be collected during Family Group.
Salisbury station park 'n' ride upgrade - stage 1 construction works
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) would like to advise that construction works will commence for the Salisbury station park ‘n’ ride upgrade project mid October 2020 and be completed by late 2021, weather and construction conditions permitting. Expect impacts on some changes to existing carpark traffic movements.
Thank you all for your patience as we navigate the change to the College timetable to best accommodate our Football Academy sessions.
CLICK here to see the attached timetable for when Football Academy will run this term.
The Year 8s have been split into two groups for their Tuesday sessions. The groups are as follows:
The Football Academy commenced Friday, 16 October and will wrap up on Friday, 13 November. Players are only allowed to wear their Football Academy uniform during their sessions and must change back into their correct College uniform at the conclusion of their session.
Please note that with Year 6 students away at Gala Days in Week 3 and Week 4, the Year 7 students will combine with the Year 8-10s in Period 4 on those two days.
Mr Michael Baumgartner
Brisbane Christian College will continue with daily temperature checks at health stations and on school buses each morning. All children or staff with cold or flu symptoms or a temperature over 37.5 degrees will be immediately sent home. If your child is unwell or has a high temperature, please keep them home.