Middle & Secondary – Term 4 Week 5 (2020)
The College Management Team is continuing to check all the latest information regarding the COVID-19 health responses. CLICK here to access up-to-date Queensland Health information.
Dates & Events
- Middle & Secondary Free Dress Day. Tuesday, 3 November.
- Year 9 Science Excursion (Mr Woolston class). Friday, 6 November. Toohey Forest Educational Centre.
- Year 12 Awards Evening. Friday, 13 November. 7pm. Life Centre.
Defensive Driving Course
Year 10, 11 & 12 families will have received an invitation from Mrs Thomas regarding a Defensive Driving Course.
The promotional video is found here.
Date: Wednesday, 18 November (7.00am-1.15pm)
License: L or P plates (can comfortably control vehicle)
Location: Mt Cotton Training Centre
Cost: will be confirmed once numbers are finalised.
To enable us to finalise numbers and confirm prices, please indicate your acceptance through the TASS Parent Lounge by Monday, 9 November. The SDTD enrolment form will also need to be downloaded and handed in at student services or emailed directly to cthomas@
Awards Ceremonies - Letter to parents of awardees
Middle and Secondary School Awards Ceremonies
Held at the Life Centre on Middle and Secondary Campus
- Year 12 Awards Evening – Friday, 13 November at 7.00pm
- Year 8 – Monday, 16 November at 11.00am
- Year 9 – Monday, 16 November at 1.30pm
- Year 6 – Tuesday, 17 November at 11.00am
- Year 7 – Tuesday, 17 November at 1.30pm
- Year 12 Valedictory Evening, Tuesday, 17 November at 7.00pm
- Year 11 – Thursday, 19 November at 11.00am
- Year 10 – Thursday, 19 November at 1.30pm
For Prep – Year 11, a maximum of 2 guests per awardee may attend the ceremony. Year 6 – 11 parents of award winners will be notified by email this week and asked to RSVP to confirm their attendance.
For Year 12 families, all parents are welcome to attend, however, only 2 attendees per Year 12 student are permitted.
Parents of awardees in each year level will be emailed this week.
Middle & Secondary Free Dress Day
A Free Dress Day will be held on Tuesday, 3 November for Middle and Secondary children. To support our Year 12 children this year, the funds raised from this Free Dress day will go towards supporting our Year 12 Reflection Camp. This camp is now a well-established College tradition, and is the Brisbane Christian College alternative to Schoolies Week. It is the perfect culmination of the Year 12 students’ time at Brisbane Christian College.
There is no theme for this free dress day. Please refer to the usual rules surrounding Free Dress Days, namely clothing must be:
– Modest with appropriate messages and designs.
– Singlets, spaghetti straps, low cut or midriff tops are not permitted.
– Shorts and skirts should be no shorter than where your fingertips reach with your hand straight down your leg.
– Shoes need to be suitable for the day’s classes, e.g. joggers (sport) or closed shoes (workshop). Thongs are not to be worn.
– A sun safe hat is still essential.
– No skate or roller shoes.
All children are asked to bring a gold coin to support our Year 12 end of year activities. Gold coin donations will be collected during Family Group.
New Community Hub: Coming Soon!
We are excited to share the introduction of our NEW COMMUNITY HUB which will provide a centralised portal for all learning, communication, news and events and change the way we connect as a community.
CLICK here for more information.
Salisbury station park 'n' ride upgrade - stage 1 construction works
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) would like to advise that construction works will commence for the Salisbury station park ‘n’ ride upgrade project mid October 2020 and be completed by late 2021, weather and construction conditions permitting. Expect impacts on some changes to existing carpark traffic movements.
Brisbane Christian College will continue with daily temperature checks at health stations and on school buses each morning. All children or staff with cold or flu symptoms or a temperature over 37.5 degrees will be immediately sent home. If your child is unwell or has a high temperature, please keep them home.
The College Management Team will review the health recommendations and Health Stations for Term 1 in 2021.