Middle & Secondary – Term 4 Week 6 (2020)
The College Management Team is continuing to check all the latest information regarding the COVID-19 health responses. CLICK here to access up-to-date Queensland Health information.
Dates & Events
- Year 12 Awards Evening. Friday, 13 November. 7pm-8.30pm. Life Centre.
- Year 8 Awards Ceremony. Monday, 16 November. 11am-12md. Life Centre.
- Year 9 Awards Ceremony. Monday, 16 November. 1.30pm-2.30pm. Life Centre.
- Year 6 Awards Ceremony. Tuesday, 17 November. 11am-12md. Life Centre.
- Year 7 Awards Ceremony. Tuesday, 17 November. 1.30pm-2.30pm. Life Centre.
- Valedictory Dinner. Tuesday, 17 November. 7pm-9pm. Life Centre.
- Safe Drive Test Drive course. Wednesday, 18 November. 7am-1.15pm. Mt Cotton Training Centre.
- Year 11 Awards Ceremony. Thursday, 19 November. 11am-12md. Life Centre.
- Year 10 Awards Ceremony. Thursday, 19 November. 1.30pm-2.30pm. Life Centre.
- Changing of the Ties. Friday, 20 November. Life Centre.
- Year 12 Final Day. Friday, 20 November.
- Year 12 Formal. Saturday, 21 November.
- Year 12 Reflections Camp. Sunday, 21 November – Thursday, 26 November.
Good News Story
We wanted to pass on the pleasing result that Matthias Sadler (Year 10), who competed in the triathlon regional trials on Sunday, 25 October, has been selected for the Met West team. He will be competing in February next year in Hervey Bay. Congratulations to Matthias for his incredible achievement. We are very proud of his efforts!
CLICK here to view Good News Story.
Defensive Driving Course
Years 10, 11 & 12 families will have received an invitation from Mrs Thomas regarding a Defensive Driving Course.
The promotional video is found here.
Date: Wednesday, 18 November (7.00am-1.15pm)
License: L or P plates (can comfortably control vehicle)
Location: Mt Cotton Training Centre
Cost: will be confirmed once numbers are finalised.
To enable us to finalise numbers and confirm prices, please indicate your acceptance through the TASS Parent Lounge by Monday, 9 November. The SDTD enrolment form will also need to be downloaded and handed in at student services or emailed directly to cthomas@
Awards Ceremonies - Reminder to parents of awardees
Due to the ongoing pandemic and accompanying regulations, as previously communicated, (with the exception of Year 12), ceremonies will be in year levels on campus during school hours.
For Years 6-11, a maximum of 2 guests per awardee may attend the ceremony.
For Year 12 families, all parents are invited to attend, however, only 2 attendees per Year 12 student are permitted.
Parents of Middle and Secondary award recipients were notified by email last week and are reminded that your RSVP is essential. Please book your tickets via the link in your email.
New Community Hub: Coming Soon!
We are excited to share the introduction of our NEW COMMUNITY HUB which will provide a centralised portal for all learning, communication, news and events and change the way we connect as a community.
CLICK here for more information.
Brisbane Christian College will continue with daily temperature checks at health stations and on school buses each morning. All children or staff with cold or flu symptoms or a temperature over 37.5 degrees will be immediately sent home. If your child is unwell or has a high temperature, please keep them home.
The College Management Team will review the health recommendations and Health Stations for Term 1 in 2021.